Problem after installation

Everything outside of Windows 10 on ARM
dieselmech_pt

Problem after installation

Post by dieselmech_pt » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Hello,

Finally got around to installing W10 arm on my 950XL, which apart from a slight problem unlocking the bootloader all seemed to go well, until I tried booting back into the phone, on my screen in the boot menu it shows, Windows, Dummy, please ignore and Developer menu, so for some reason I don't have an option to boot back into my phone. I downloaded all the files off git. hub. Any fixes/suggestions welcomed.
0 x

dvda187

Re: Problem after installation

Post by dvda187 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:30 am

I have a similar issue, I get a blue recovery, "your item needs to be repaired" via recovery screen and when windows 10/11 is supposed to be installed via the .wim file by pressing the camera button to go through with the woa install. I followed all the steps to get it working, but after i signed up on this website, i can't share my photos of my issues, which makes explaining my issue a huge problem, but it seems like few people provide any helpful answers on here.

Does anyone know what windows 10 mobile build and what woa build works best? that is the one thing that is missing from the tutorial. there should be an actual example. like if you want woa on your lumia 950 xl, you need to have windows 10 mobile build xxx and woa version xxx. anyone have any help? why are there file size restrictions on sharing images on here?
0 x

dieselmech_pt

Re: Problem after installation

Post by dieselmech_pt » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:10 pm

I managed to get it working now. After installation you have to start WOA again with your phone in mass storage mode, which you select through developer mode when the phone boots up, and then click on dual boot on the software and click to enable it. I don't know of any image size restrictions because I only joined this site to try and solve my problem, in the end I found the solution by a lot of googling
0 x