Lumia 950 not working right...

Stuck at some Point? Your Lumia is already dead? Maybe others can help you!
PhoeNicZz

Lumia 950 not working right...

Post by PhoeNicZz » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:31 pm

I recently succeeded in booting Windows 11 on the Lumia 950, it seems to work in theory, but in practice it's not very handy since it's slow and usually draws more power than any of my cables can provide, all while heating up the phone beyond anything I'd consider safe. Now I tried downgrading to a windows 10 version that claimed to working cellular and more, Windows 10 19H1. I downloaded the ISO and used the deployer to deploy it. I didn't unlock the bootloader again because I assumed having windows installed meant it was already unlocked, still not sure if that was my mistake. Due to the terrible battery life windows actually turned off mid-installation, and it's giving me that error message every time I try to boot into it. However instead of actually trying again it keeps throwing me back to that screen. Trying to reset the phone via the Developer Menu does about as much, throws me back into the boot menu. When I try to flash the original FFU using WPI I can't even connect the Mass Storage mode, my pc seems to be blind to the phone, occasionally giving me a "USB Device not recognized" message when I try and connect it. I've used three cables and they work with any other device and they worked with the phone yesterday, too.
0 x

BSTO39FORD

Re: Lumia 950 not working right...

Post by BSTO39FORD » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:20 pm

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO USE THE WINDOWS PHONE RECOVERY TOOL? I HAVE HAD A 950 NON XL. I HAD AN ERROR WHERE THE DIVICE WAS LOGIC LOCKED INTO A CONTSTANT LOOP AND AT FREQUENT TIMES IT WOULD NOT BE RECOGNIZED VIA THE PC THAT IT IS CONNECTED TO. BUT ON 1ST INITIAL CONNECTION OF THE USB-C CABLE INTO THE 950 IT WOULD BE RECOGNIZED FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
SO DURING THAT SHORT PERIOD OF TIME THE DEVICE WAS RECOGNIZED VIA THE PC, I WAS ABLE TO USE THE WINDOWS PHONE RECOVERY TOOL, WITH PRORPER TIMING TO HAVE MY PC RECOGNIZE THE DEVICE AND BRING THE DEVICE BACK TO ORIGINAL STATE. THEN RE-ATTEMPT USING WOA INSTALLER AND UNLOCK BOOT LOADER AND RE-INITIATE MASS STORAGE MODE. ETC ETC.. BUT THE 950 WOULD GO INTO A STATE OF NOT BEING RECOGNIZED.PRESSING AND HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON HELPED AID IN THIS ACTION AS WELL TO BE RECOGNIZED VIA PC.
NOT SURE IF THIS WOULD HELP?? MAYBE POOR ADVISE. BUT MAYBE WORTH AN ATTEMPT BEING YOU HAVE A WHAT SOUNDS LIKE USELESS DEVICE NOW.
0 x